Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday afternoons...

I love my Sundays. I work for the weekends all week.  I love the solace, I love the lack of structure.  I awake on weekend, I often smell my wife's coffee brewing. The first few minutes I'm awake are the most important of my day. Its when I review my "schedule".   Sometimes its a crowded abstract of events and happenings and travel.  Then there are others that are clear and without structure.  These are the ones that I treasure the most.

I love when a weekend exists only to exists.  I love a weekend without substance, without plans, or agendas.  I find myself on these weekends, I'm able to relax and not think of anything.   My mind gets to rest, unwind and process life.   I sit in a easy chair and barely move.   All of my senses, take a rest.  Given my own devices I will fall asleep in that chair and doze peacefully for hours.  I can go for hours, without food, water even human contact.  I can exist by simply not existing.   I know at some point I must eat, and drink, and even seek out human contact.  For now I am content to simply exist.

There are so many things, I could be doing, should be doing. Instead I sit here, watching movies.  The leaves in the front yard pile up.  The projects remain undone.  The great American novel I wanted to write sits never started.  The only thing, that will be accomplished today, is the preservation of  energy.  I'm going to kid myself and say that Im recovering from my weekend workout.  but that is just a simple lie. 

I think what makes weekends these weekends is that they don't require a specific location, time frames or even participants.  They exist because I simply chose to exist.   I wish I could bottle these weekends  and store them away for those weekends that our so jam packed with event, participants and locations.  Since that's not possible, I'll just enjoy the weekend.

shhhh hear that?  exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey speak up Id like to hear what you're thinking.